Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Brownie the Beaver



















Hi everyone! This is a new blog especially made for Room P6 at Ralph Brown School. I am their lucky teacher, Mrs. Penner. I'm lucky because I'm the teacher of this great group of students, and I'm also lucky because I am going to Mexico to see where the monarch butterflies go for the winter. I am leaving on Feb. 13, 2009 and coming back on Feb. 21, 2009. If I have access to a computer, I will be telling P6 about my trip along the way so they can read about my adventures at home or at school. I hope to have many stories to tell them, about Mexico and especially about the most amazing insect, the monarch butterfly.

Brownie the Beaver, in the picture, is coming along with me to pose in pictures along the way. Why did I choose a beaver? Well, believe it or not, the beaver is Ralph Brown School's mascot. He was chosen because he is a hard working and a smart animal, and he relies on his community for survival. These are good qualities for us humans to remember. I'm glad Brownie is coming along. I'm going to be with 40 teachers from Canada and the United States, but it's always good to have a mascot for company.

See you in blogland!!
:-) Mrs. Penner

No comments:

Post a Comment