Monday, February 16, 2009

Seeing the Monarchs!!




Look everyone!! Here I am at the Monarch butterfly colony in El Rosario, Mexico. That picture of me on the steps in me looking up at the LONG trip uphill. We are over 9000 feet above sea level which means that Mrs. Penner was huffing and puffing a LOT on the way up. She carried me, so I didn't run out of breath. And there, in the picture, do you see the monarchs? There are THOUSANDS of them! They have lived for 9 months (that's a long time), and they are getting ready to start traveling north again to Canada. Their great grandchildren will get here by June, and maybe Mrs. Penner will be able to bring them in the class before summer. And then I will see the monarchs too. It was very fun to see so many butterflies, and I know Mrs. Penner will have lots of stories to tell you all.
Have a good week everyone! See you soon!
Love from Mrs. Penner and Brownie the Beaver

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brownie, You said there were thousands of Monarchs but we could not see them. That must have been awesome. Did it take hours to get up all those stairs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Brownie saying hi to whoever wrote this comment! I know it was hard to see the monarchs in the pictures, but believe me, there were thousands, no, tens of thousands of monarchs in those forests. They are so small it's hard to see them on the picture. You are right it was awesome. It took a long time to get up all the stairs (like maybe an hour) but the hardest part was that it was so high up above sea level that it made Mrs. Penner's heart pump way harder than normal.

    Thanks for writing! Be sure to sign your name next time!
    Love,
    Mrs. Penner and Brownie

    ReplyDelete